Okay, this is just fun…The folks over at The Broke and The Bookish do this every Tuesday…I’m a little late to the dance, but it sounds like fun.
So, on to my Top Ten Turkey Table choices:
- David Baldacci for writing the kinds of books my parents and I can discuss ad nauseum
- Gini Koch for supporting Aerosmith, Def Leppard, and the pursuit of comfortable heels
- Madeline L’Engle for getting me into sci-fi/fantasy
- Jane Yolen &
- Anne McCaffery for proving dragons are real
- Patricia Briggs for developing heroines with attitude, strength, and automobile knowledge
- Ilona Andrews for “Here, kitty kitty” and chicks who unabashedly kick ass
- Nalini Singh for creating real-world angels
- Orson Scott Card for Ender’s Game and the all-night discussions that followed after
- George Orwell for Animal Farm and 1984
There are OODLES of other authors, living and “ghost writing”, who would be MOST WELCOME at my table…these are the first 10 I thought of.